29/11/2017 @ 10:00 - National Park Offices
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. To receive any disclosures of interest by Members or Officers in respect of any item of business
3. To confirm the minutes of the meetings held on 27 September 2017 .
4. To consider matters arising from the minutes that are not the subject of a further report or are not scheduled later on the Agenda
5. Chair’s Announcements
6. To receive the reports of the meetings of the Development Management Committee held on 20 September 2017.
7. To consider the report of the meeting of the Operational Review Committee held on 6 September 2017
8. To consider the report of the meeting of the Sustainable Development Fund Committee held on 11 October 2017
9. To consider the report of the meeting of the Personnel Committee held on 11 October 2017
10. To consider the following reports:
48/17 Wales Audit Office – Annual Improvement Report 2016-17
The Auditor General for Wales is required, under the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 to report the audit and assessment work in relation to whether Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority has discharged its duties and met the requirements of the Measure. Members comments are sought on the Annual Improvement Report 2015-16 and the baseline review of governance at Pembrokeshire Coast National Park carried out in 2016/17 which is referenced in the report.
49/17 Certificate of Compliance for the Audit of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority’s Assessment of 2016-17 Performance
Members are requested to receive and comment on the Performance Assessment Letter recently received from the Auditor General for Wales
50/17 Consultation on Pembrokeshire Well-Being Plan and Implications of Objectives and Work Streams on the Authority’s Activities
The purpose of the report is to ask Members for any comments or views on the draft Pembrokeshire Well-being plan and its implication for the Authority, to be fed back to the Public Services Board
51/17 Update on the disposal of the Authority’s premises at Long Street, Newport
Members are asked to authorise Officers to proceed with the disposal of the Authority’s legal interest in its premises at Long Street, Newport
52/17 Undergrounding of overhead power lines at Great Castle Head, St Ishmaels
Members’ endorsement is sought for the proposed undergrounding of existing overhead power lines at Great Castle Head, St Ishmaels
53/17 Annual Review of the 2017 Operation And Management of the Authority’s Car Parking Sites
The report provides an update of the actions undertaken by Officers over the course of the last 12 months including a summary of the Authority’s car park operation during the 2017 charging season and the outlining of priority objectives in advance of the 2018 and 2019 charging seasons.
54/17 Review of Porthgain Conservation Area Boundary
This report seeks approval for extending the existing boundary of Porthgain Conservation Area which was designated in 1997
55/17 Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales Draft Annual Report 2018/19
This report informs Members of the consultation draft Annual Report of the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales (the Panel) on the proposed level of Members’ salaries for 2018/19 and to seek their views thereon
56/17 Draft Welsh Language Strategy 2017 – 2022
Members are asked to adopt the draft Welsh Language Strategy 2017 – 2022 as the Authority’s strategy for promoting and facilitating the use of the Welsh language within the National Park over the next 5 years.
11. To receive an update by the Chief Executive regarding appointment of a Monitoring Officer