We have made some changes to the site and how we operate to ensure that we keep you, our staff and our local community safe.
Changes as of Monday 14 September 2020
Wearing a face mask is compulsory in all indoor areas including our gift shop, admissions area, toilets and all indoor areas of the Castle.
Children under 11 and people who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons are exempt. For further details visit the Welsh Government website.
Groups of six
Only a maximum of six people from an extended household (also known as a bubble) are able to meet indoors at any one time. Children under 11 are not counted in the six.
Please respect these law changes when visiting our indoor areas. Thank you for your co-operation.
Booking your visit
We are limiting the number of visitors per day and you must pre-book your visit via our online booking system.
When you book tickets you will be asked for a contact name and telephone number for your booking. Your information will only be used to process your booking, help us administer the event on the day and for Track and Trace purposes. We will never use these details to contact you for marketing purposes.
Payment must be made at time of booking, unless you qualify for free entry, but you must still book before you attend. You qualify for free entry if you are:
- an Annual Pass holder. If you currently hold an Annual Pass for Carew Castle/Castell Henllys we are extending the expiry date by three months. Please just show your pass as normal upon arrival. If you would like to purchase an Annual pass please call us on 01646 651782 before you book.
- a resident of Carew parish, which includes: Carew, Carew Cheriton, Carew Newton, Whitehill, Pisgah, West Williamston, Sageston, Redberth and Milton. You will need to bring proof of address with you such as a utility bill or driving licence.
- a wheelchair user and/or an accompanying carer. Carers are required to bring one of the following items of documentation:
- Disability Living Allowance Letter (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment Letter (PIP
- Department for Work and Pensions Letter (DWP)
- Blue Badge (photo ID required)
- Signed letter from GP (photo ID required)
- Carer’s Card/letter from Carer organisation or County Council.
What to Expect when you visit Carew Castle
The Tidal Mill is currently closed, but you can still enjoy the one mile circular walk around the Millpond and causeway.
The majority of the Castle is open to enjoy, with a one-way system in place.
We have opened further sections of the Castle grounds for you to explore.
Nest Tearoom is open daily from 11.30am – 4pm for picnic style light lunches, cakes and drinks. There is outdoor seating in the Walled Garden. The Tearoom is open to all and there is no need to book.
On your arrival
You can arrive at any point within your half hour arrival slot. There is not a time limit on the amount of time that can be spent on site (with exception of the 3.30pm slot as we close at 4pm).
- We ask you not to arrive more than a few minutes early for the booked slot.
- Please have booking confirmation available to show on arrival.
- If you arrive late for a booking we may not be able to fit you in depending on bookings for the next slot. In this instance we will endeavour to fit you in later in the day but will not be able to offer a refund.
- We are not able to change bookings or refund tickets.
We have a mobility scooter available to hire. Please call 01646 651 782 to make a booking for this.