Winter entry prices
Adult (17+): £5.50
Child (4-16): £3.50
Concession (65+ or student with student card): £4.50
Family ticket (two adults and two children): £15.50
Annual Pass/Carew Resident/Wheelchair User/Carer: Free
You qualify for free entry if you are:
- an Annual Pass holder. If you currently hold an Annual Pass for Carew Castle/Castell Henllys, please just show your pass as normal upon arrival. If you would like to purchase an annual pass please call us on 01646 651 782.
- a wheelchair user and/or an accompanying carer. Carers are required to bring one of the following items of documentation:
- Disability Living Allowance Letter (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment Letter (PIP
- Department for Work and Pensions Letter (DWP)
- Blue Badge (photo ID required)
- Signed letter from GP (photo ID required)
- Carer’s Card/letter from Carer organisation or County Council
Upgrade your ticket to an annual pass! Visit both Carew Castle and Castell Henllys as many times as you like in a 12 month period. Upgrade on the day of your visit and we’ll refund the price of your day ticket. Terms and conditions apply.
Adult (17+): £15
Child (4-16): £12
Concession (65+ or student with student card): £13
Family (two adults and two children): £40
What to Expect when you visit Carew Castle
The Castle is open daily from 11am-3pm (last entry at 2.30pm) until 22nd December.
The Castle shop, Nest Tearoom and the Tidal Mill remain open as below.
Nest Tearoom is open Thursday/Friday 11am – 3pm and Saturday/Sunday 11am – 8pm.
For more information on Nest opening hours until Christmas see the event page for Glow – Christmas Illuminations: Let it Glow at Carew Castle – Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
The Tidal Mill is closed for the winter.
All areas of the Castle are open, including the Walled Garden and play area.
Although it is no longer a legal requirement in Wales, you are welcome to wear your mask if you feel safer doing so.
We have a mobility scooter available to hire. Please call 01646 651 782 to make a booking for this.
Dog friendly site
Please keep dogs on leads at all times. If you need a dog bag please ask at reception.
More about Carew Castle
Book tickets for evening events at Carew Castle such as Open Air Theatre performances and evening Castle tours.
Shop and eat
There is a wide range of refreshments on offer in the Nest Tearoom as well as the Castle and Mill shops.
School Visits to Carew Castle
Carew welcomes school groups throughout the year introducing children to the tastes, smells and sights of life in a Castle.
About Carew Tidal Mill
Carew Tidal Mill is the only restored tidal Mill in Wales and one of just five in the UK.
About Carew Castle
Carew Castle’s rich history spans over 2,000 years and tells of knights of the realm, kingmakers, Elizabethan intrigue and Civil War devastation.
Carew Castle History
At the end of the 11th century, the Normans extended their conquest of England into Wales and Pembroke Castle became the centre of Norman rule in Sout...