We have made some changes to the site and how we operate to ensure that we keep you, our staff and our local community safe.
Adult (17+): £6.50
Child (4-16): £4.50
Concession (65+ or student with student card): £5.50
Family ticket (two adults and two children): £17.50
Annual Pass/Carew Resident/Wheelchair User/Carer: Free
You qualify for free entry if you are:
- an Annual Pass holder. If you currently hold an Annual Pass for Carew Castle/Castell Henllys, please just show your pass as normal upon arrival. If you would like to purchase an annual pass please call us on 01646 651 782.
- a wheelchair user and/or an accompanying carer. Carers are required to bring one of the following items of documentation:
- Disability Living Allowance Letter (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment Letter (PIP
- Department for Work and Pensions Letter (DWP)
- Blue Badge (photo ID required)
- Signed letter from GP (photo ID required)
- Carer’s Card/letter from Carer organisation or County Council.
What to Expect when you visit Carew Castle
Please report to the main Castle entrance on arrival.
The Castle is open every day from 10am-4pm (last entry at 3.30pm).
The Tidal Mill is open every day from 11am-5pm (last entry 4.30pm).
All areas of the Castle and its grounds are open, including the Tidal Mill, Walled Garden and play area.
Outdoor talks will be held throughout the day, covering different aspects of the Castle’s history.
Nest Tearoom will be serving hot and cold drinks, light lunches and cakes with plenty of outdoor, undercover seating.
The Castle Shop is open (face coverings must be worn – please see below). Cards/contactless payments only. No cash.
Wearing a face mask is compulsory in all indoor areas including our gift shop.
Children under 11 and people who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons are exempt. For further details visit the Welsh Government website.
We have a mobility scooter available to hire. Please call 01646 651 782 to make a booking for this.
More about Carew Castle
Events at Carew Castle
From living history and ghost tours to wildlife watching and outdoor theatre events, Carew Castle has a packed programme of activities and events for ...
Shop and eat
There is a wide range of refreshments on offer in the Nest Tearoom as well as the Castle and Mill shops.
School Visits to Carew Castle
Carew welcomes school groups throughout the year introducing children to the tastes, smells and sights of life in a Castle.
About Carew Tidal Mill
Carew Tidal Mill is the only restored tidal Mill in Wales and one of just five in the UK.
About Carew Castle
Carew Castle’s rich history spans over 2,000 years and tells of knights of the realm, kingmakers, Elizabethan intrigue and Civil War devastation.
Carew Castle History
At the end of the 11th century, the Normans extended their conquest of England into Wales and Pembroke Castle became the centre of Norman rule in Sout...