We have made some changes to the site and how we operate to ensure that we keep you, our staff and our local community safe.
Changes as of Monday 14 September 2020
Wearing a face mask is compulsory in all indoor areas.
Children under 11 and people who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons are exempt. For further details visit the Welsh Government website.
Groups of six
Only a maximum of six people from an extended household (also known as a bubble) are able to meet indoors at any one time. Children under 11 are not counted in the six.
Please respect these law changes when visiting our indoor areas. Thank you for your co-operation.
Booking your visit
We are limiting the number of visitors per day and you must pre-book your visit online.
When you book tickets you will be asked for a contact name and telephone number for your booking. Your information will only be used to process your booking, help us administer the event on the day and for Track and Trace purposes. We will never use these details to contact you for marketing purposes.
Payment must be made at time of booking, unless you qualify for free entry, but you must still book before you attend. You qualify for free entry if you are:
- an Annual Pass holder. If you currently hold an Annual Pass for Carew Castle/Castell Henllys we are extending the expiry date by three months. Please just show your pass as normal upon arrival. If you would like to purchase an Annual pass please call us on 01646 651782 before you book.
- a wheelchair user and/or an accompanying carer. Carers are required to bring one of the following items of documentation:
- Disability Living Allowance Letter (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment Letter (PIP
- Department for Work and Pensions Letter (DWP)
- Blue Badge (photo ID required)
- Signed letter from GP (photo ID required)
- Carer’s Card/letter from Carer organisation or County Council.
What to expect when you visit Castell Henllys
- We have temporarily closed our visitor centre and have set up an outdoor reception area.
- We have set up a number of sanitation stations around the site to ensure you can sanitise your hands regularly.
- The on-site cafe is open daily, please visit the Caffi’r Caban Facebook page for the latest opening times.
During your visit we ask that you:
- Please respect social distancing at all times during your visit
- Please use the sanitation stations provided throughout your visit
- Please follow the advice given on signs around the site.
Mobility scooter and Access
Due to essential maintenance work on the main path to the hill fort we will not be able to offer the services of the mobility scooter until further notice. As the alternative footpath has a number of steps, wheelchairs and pushchairs will not be able to access the site during this time. We apologise for this temporary inconvenience.