We have made some changes to the site and how we operate to ensure that we keep you, our staff and our local community safe.
How to book
You must book before you visit. To purchase your tickets please go to our events calendar and select the date and time slot you wish to visit. You can arrive anytime during your 3 hour slot but you must vacate the site by the end of your slot.
There are two available time slots.
Payment must be made at time of booking, unless you qualify for free entry, but you must still book before you attend. You qualify for free entry if you are:
- an Annual Pass holder. If you currently hold an Annual Pass for Carew Castle/Castell Henllys, please just show your pass as normal upon arrival. If you would like to purchase an annual pass please call us on 01239 891319 before you book. We are extending the expiry date for 2020 season tickets by three months.
- a wheelchair user and/or an accompanying carer. Carers are required to bring one of the following items of documentation:
- Disability Living Allowance Letter (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment Letter (PIP
- Department for Work and Pensions Letter (DWP)
- Blue Badge (photo ID required)
- Signed letter from GP (photo ID required)
- Carer’s Card/letter from Carer organisation or County Council.
- Adult (17+): £4.50
- Concession (65+ or student with valid student card): £4
- Child (4-16): £3
- Child with Warrior Quest (4-16): £5
- Family (two adults and two children): £14
- Family with Warrior Quest (two adults and two children): £18
- Annual Pass/Wheelchair User/Carer: Free
What to expect when you visit Castell Henllys
With your entry ticket you will have three hours to explore all of the outdoor areas of Castell Henllys Iron Age Village, including our woodland and Barefoot Trail. In the village itself, a friendly member of our tribe will tell you all about life in the Iron Age. You will also be allocated a time slot upon your arrival to take part in an outdoor crafty activity or to watch an outdoor demonstration of an ancient craft.
If you want even more of an adventure then you can purchase our self-led activity ‘Warrior Quest’ where there are riddles to solve and challenges to complete with a prize for those who succeed!
Wearing a face mask is compulsory in all indoor areas including our gift shop.
Children under 11 and people who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons are exempt. For further details visit the Welsh Government website.
Visiting in groups
From 24 April 2021 Welsh Government guidelines state six people from six households will be able to meet outdoors (not including children under 11 years of age or carers from those households). For full details please visit the Welsh Government website.
Test, Trace, Protect
You will be asked to give contact details for purposes of tracing people in the event of an outbreak being linked to the site. For full details please visit the Welsh Government website.
We have a mobility scooter available to hire. Please call 01239 891319 to make a booking for this.