Please follow the Coast Path Safety Code.
- Keep to the Path, away from cliff edges and overhangs
- Always supervise children, especially near cliff edges
- Walking surfaces can vary considerably with the weather. Always wear strong footwear with a good grip and ankle support
- Wear or carry warm and waterproof clothing
- Cliff-top walking can be dangerous in high winds
- Beware of taking shortcuts across beaches – you may be cut off by the tide. Swimming can also be dangerous
- Do not sit under cliffs or climb them
- Keep dogs under close control
- The Coast Path is managed for walkers; it is not safe or lawful to cycle or ride horses along most of the Coast Path.