COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Due to the impact of Covid-19 (Coronavirus), the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority has closed its headquarters, visitor attractions (Carew Castle, Castell Henllys and Oriel y Parc), its car parks and sections of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path until further notice. All meetings and events are cancelled until further notice. If you have any queries please call 01646 624800 or email

Cookie Information: To help us make this website better, the cookie settings are set to 'allow all cookies'. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - for more information and to change this at any time, see our privacy policy.   

Home » Living In » Planning » Planning Advice » Making a Planning Application

Making a Planning Application

The first thing you need to do, if you are unsure, is to check that you need planning permission. If the work is to your home, some minor changes can be done without needing planning permission. This is called your "permitted development rights".

Policy 53 of the Local Development Plan requires that a Transport Statement be included with all applications.  

Planning Application Fees 2009 
Pre-application Form

Transport Statement

You can ask your Planning Department for advice on the need for planning permission. A form for this can be found by selecting the link above.

National Guidance is provided for local authorities on the scope of material that should be supplied with planning applications as standard.

Applications will not be registered for consideration, and will be returned to you, unless all the material necessary for the particular application has been included. Thus in householder applications all drawings, details, etc will be required including details of the proposed materials to be used and any landscaping proposed as part of the mitigation for the submission.

In larger scale applications there will be a need for full survey data, fully scaled drawings, possible draft legal agreements etc. To ensure that you include everything that is required please read the SPG (link above) and utilize the pre-application service offered by the Authority.