Home » Looking Back » Archaeology » Annual Archaeology Day
Annual Archaeology Day
The 17th Annual Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Archaeology Day
The Merlin Theatre, Pembrokeshire College, Haverfordwest
Saturday 9 November 2019 9.30am-4pm.
Speakers at the event will discuss recent findings and research from archaeological sites in Pembrokeshire and also highlight ongoing projects. There will also be an opportunity to view exhibition stands.
The Archaeology Day on Saturday will include a presentation and exhibition on the Iron Age chariot burial discovery. PHOTO © Amgueddfa Cymru-National Museum Wales.
- 9.30am–10.15am: Registration, refreshments and exhibition.
- 10.15am–10.30am: Welcome and introductions from the Chair, Sian Rees.
- 10.30am-11.10am: Excavating the Chariot Burial – Pembrokeshire College Students.
- 11.10am-11.50am: The Archaeology of the Chariot Burial – Adam Gwilt.
- 11.50am-12.30pm: Beneath the Feet of Pembrokeshire – Rhianydd Biebrach.
- 12.30pm-1.50pm: Lunch and exhibition.
- 1.50pm-2.30pm: Community engagement in the Park – Delun Gibby and Tomos Jones.
- 2.30pm-3.10pm: Excavations at Porth-y-Rhaw – Fran Murphy and Menna Bell.
- 3.10pm-3.50pm: An update on the excavation of WWI trenches at Penally – Alice Pyper.
- 3.50pm-4pm: Thanks and close from the Chair, Sian Rees.
Tickets are £20 or £16 for students (with identification). To book a place, contact Oriel y Parc on 01437 720392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.