Beach wheelchairs improve access to Pembrokeshire’s award-winning beaches.
The National Park Authority’s mobility equipment is specially designed and manufactured to be used on sandy beaches.
They are available for hire at a number of outlets in the National Park, enabling people to gain access to some of our finest beaches. Please refer to our list of Easy Access Beaches when planning a visit.
Where to find mobility equipment
You can hire mobility equipment from the following locations, which are also shown on the map below:
- Poppit Sands (standard size beach wheelchair and children’s beach wheelchair available via Crwst)
- West Angle Bay (standard size beach wheelchair available via the Wavecrest Cafe)
- Freshwater East (standard size beach wheelchair and children’s beach wheelchair available via Jack’s at The Longhouse)
- Castle Beach, Tenby (standard size beach wheelchair available via The Dennis Cafe)
- South Beach, Tenby (children’s beach wheelchair available via Salty’s)
- Carew Castle (‘Push’ mountain trike and scooter available from the Castle)
- Coppet Hall, Saundersfoot (children’s beach wheelchair available via Good Trails)
- North Beach, Tenby (children’s beach wheelchair available via Joe’s Diner)
- Saundersfoot (standard size beach wheelchair available via The Stone Crab)
- Newport Sands (standard size beach wheelchair available via Caffi Mawr)
- Broad Haven North (standard size beach wheelchair available via YHA Broad Haven)
- Whitesands (via Sunlounger and Deckchair Hire – arrange directly with host by calling 01437 720692 or email email@example.com)
More Mobility Equipment Information
Mobility equipment loan agreement
The borrower of the mobility equipment agrees to adhere to all the terms listed on this page.
Mobility Equipment Safety Guide
Information on Coronavirus Prevention Measures, Moving in and out of the equipment and more.
More Access for All Information
Mobility scooters are provided by the National Park Authority at three of its sites and centres including Carew Castle and Oriel y Parc in St Davids.
Easy Access Viewpoints
These easy access viewpoints can all be reached by car and have a parking area or lay-by.
Easy Access Beaches
Many of Pembrokeshire's award-winning beaches allow easy access, usually via concrete ramps or slipways.