Volunteering for the National Park Authority doesn’t always mean working outdoors or travelling to different sites.
Our centres at Carew Castle and Tidal Mill, Castell Henllys Iron Age Village and Oriel y Parc Gallery and Visitor Centre also need volunteers. Opportunities to volunteer at our Headquarters in Pembroke Dock may be available, so if you have a flair for organising and archiving, get in touch.
Some examples of volunteer tasks at these centres can be found below. If you are interested in any of these roles contact the Volunteer Officer Rebecca Evans via 01646 624847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Castell Henllys Iron Age Village (near Newport, North Pembrokeshire)
- Weaving willow/making baskets/wicker man (training provided)
- Planting/maintaining/doing tours of herb garden
- Assisting at evening talks/evening events (setting up and tidying)
- Monitoring/encouraging wildlife on site.
Oriel y Parc Visitor Centre (St Davids, West Pembrokeshire)
- Gallery Assistant – invigilating in the gallery, which has collections from Amgueddfa Cymru-National Museum Wales
- Assisting with arts and crafts activities and workshops
- Assisting at large events, such as seasonal fairs.
Carew Castle and Tidal Mill (near Tenby, South Pembrokeshire)
- Demonstrating Tudor crafts and skills such as spinning wool, baking bread, weaving and calligraphy
- Planting and maintaining the herb garden
- Helping with marshalling and ticketing at large public events, such as outdoor theatre.
Head Office (Pembroke Dock, South Pembrokeshire)
- Digital photo recording and archiving.
More on Volunteering
Practical conservation opportunities
If you like to work with people and enjoy getting your hands dirty, these roles might be of interest to you.
Helping the public to understand and enjoy the National Park
Are you interested in helping deliver the Authority's programme of activities and events, including guided walks?
Would you prefer to volunteer at a time and place that suits you, rather than to be part of an organised group?
Volunteering case studies
Hear from people who’ve enjoyed helping out in various volunteering roles with the National Park Authority.