Volunteering for the National Park Authority doesn’t always mean working outdoors or travelling to different sites.
Our centres at Carew Castle and Tidal Mill, Castell Henllys Iron Age Village and Oriel y Parc Gallery and Visitor Centre also need volunteers. Opportunities to volunteer at our Headquarters in Pembroke Dock may be available, so if you have a flair for organising and archiving, get in touch.
Some examples of volunteer tasks at these centres can be found below. If you are interested in any of these roles contact the Volunteer Officer via 01646 624847 or email email@example.com.
Castell Henllys Iron Age Village (near Newport, North Pembrokeshire)
- Weaving willow/making baskets/wicker man (training provided)
- Planting/maintaining/doing tours of herb garden
- Assisting at evening talks/evening events (setting up and tidying)
- Monitoring/encouraging wildlife on site.
Oriel y Parc Visitor Centre (St Davids, West Pembrokeshire)
- Gallery Assistant – invigilating in the gallery, which has collections from Amgueddfa Cymru-National Museum Wales
- Assisting with arts and crafts activities and workshops
- Assisting at large events, such as seasonal fairs.
Carew Castle and Tidal Mill (near Tenby, South Pembrokeshire)
- Demonstrating Tudor crafts and skills such as spinning wool, baking bread, weaving and calligraphy
- Planting and maintaining the herb garden
- Helping with marshalling and ticketing at large public events, such as outdoor theatre.
Head Office (Pembroke Dock, South Pembrokeshire)*
- Digital photo recording and archiving.
*Currently unavailable due to covid-19.
More on Volunteering
Plant Pembrokeshire will create a woodland by the people of Pembrokeshire, for the people of Pembrokeshire.
Roots to Recovery
Roots to Recovery is a new people-led project, which is all about the restorative powers of Pembrokeshire’s amazing outdoors and especially its Nati...
Keeping Your Information Safe – Volunteer Details
We are Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority. In order to work safely and effectively we need to collect information from individual volunteers....
Helping the public to understand and enjoy the National Park
Are you interested in helping deliver the Authority's programme of activities and events, including guided walks?
Examples of other volunteering opportunities with groups and organisations with similar aims.
Volunteering case studies
Hear from people who’ve enjoyed helping out in various volunteering roles with the National Park Authority.
Would you prefer to volunteer at a time and place that suits you, rather than to be part of an organised group?