National Park Authority 02/12/20
10am, Virtual Meeting
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. To receive any disclosures of interest by Members or Officers in respect of any item of business
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 30 September 2020
4. To consider matters arising from the minutes that are not the subject of a further report or are not scheduled later on the Agenda
5. Chair’s Announcements
8. To consider the report of the meeting of the Operational Review Committee held on 23 September 2020
9. To consider the report of the meeting of the Chief Executive Performance Review Panel held on 23 September 2020
10. To consider the report of the meeting of the Member Support and Development Committee held on 21 October 2020
11. To consider the report of the meeting of the Sustainable Development Fund Committee held on 4 November 2020
12. To consider the report of the meeting of the Audit and Corporate Services Review Committee held on 11 November 2020
13. To consider a Notice of Motion from Councillor P Kidney:
That the authority considers a mentor service for staff of the authority, to discuss any problems or anxieties, in light of extra pressure being put on them due to the current pandemic.
14. To consider the following reports :
In order to enable continuity of the planning service during this on-going Covid -19 period Members are asked to extend the temporary amendments made to the scheme of delegation until 16th June 2021.
Members are asked to agree to a maximum spend on the provision of a Development Management consultant service of £25,000 in order to continue to use Prospero Planning as a consultant to assist with reducing the backlog of planning applications and the continued processing of new planning applications.
Members are asked to note the Regional Technical Statement (RTS) 2nd Review, September 2020 and to authorise the Head of Park Direction to negotiate on behalf of the National Park Authority in the preparation of a Statement of Sub-Regional Collaboration for the West Wales Sub-Region.
The report presents a recommendation to Members on the purchase of circa 30 acres land at Trefin as part of the Welsh Government-funded Sustainable Landscape Sustainable Places portfolio of projects to enhance biodiversity and carbon sequestration.
Members are asked to endorse PCNPA’s contributions to Phase 2 of the EU funded Ancient Connections and Celtic Routes initiatives.
The report informs Members of the consultation draft Annual Report of the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales (the Panel) on the proposed level of Members’ salaries for 2021/22 and seeks their views thereon.
Members are asked to endorse the Annual Report as the Authority’s submission to the Welsh Language Commissioner
The report to Members outlines proposals to appoint a new DPO.
The report seeks agreement of the updated Sustainable Development Fund Committee Terms of Reference.
This paper details funding from WG awarded to the Authority to deliver additional capital projects as part of the Sustainable Landscapes, Sustainable Places (SLSP) programme in 2020/21. The total amount allocated to the Pembrokeshire Coast NPA under the SLSP to up to £1,743,000.