National Park Authority 26/10/22
10am, Green Room, National Park Offices, Llanion Park Pembroke Dock and Remotely
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. To receive any disclosures of interest by Members or Officers in respect of any item of business
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 27 July 2022
4. To consider matters arising from the minutes that are not the subject of a further report or are not scheduled later on the Agenda
5. Chair’s Announcements
7. To consider the report of the meeting of the Operational Review Committee held on 29 June 2022
10. To consider the report of the meeting of the Audit and Corporate Services Review Committee held on 13 July 2022
12. To consider the report of the meeting of the Sustainable Development Fund Committee held on 5 October 2022
13. To consider the following reports:
29/22 – Annual Report on Meeting Well-Being Objectives 2021/22
This report outlines progress against the work programme proposed in the Authority’s Corporate and Resources Plan for the year 2021/22.
30/22 – 2022 Annual Monitoring Report on the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Local Development Plan 2
Approval of the Annual Monitoring Report (and appendices) is sought for submission to the Welsh Government by the 31st October 2022
31/22 – Local Development Plan 2: Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) Consultations
This report asks Members to consider responses received on consultations undertaken on draft Supplementary Planning Guidance. Members are asked to adopt new and updated Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) documents subject to amendments proposed in response to the consultation responses received.
32/22 – Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Local Development Plan 2 – Supplementary Planning Guidance
The report seeks approval of two supplementary planning guidance documents for consultation.
33/22 – Public Convenience Funding
The report provides an update to Members on discussions with Pembrokeshire County Council on their request for funding to support the management of public conveniences and to seek the views of Members on the next steps.
34/22 – Code of Corporate Governance
This report seeks approval of the Authority’s revised Code of Corporate Governance
35/22 – Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales Draft Annual Report 2023/24
To inform Members of the consultation draft Annual Report of the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales on the proposed level of Members’ salaries for 2023/24 and to seek their views thereon.
36/22 – Welsh Language Strategy Working Group
The report seeks to establish a Member/Officer Working Group to draft the Authority’s second Welsh Language Strategy.
37/22 – Standards Committee – Re-Appointment of Independent Member
The report seeks confirmation of the re-appointment of Mr John Daniels as an Independent Member of the Authority’s Standards Committee.
38/22 – Sustainable Development Fund Committee Terms of Reference
The report seeks agreement of the Sustainable Development Fund Committee’s updated terms of reference.
14. To consider whether the public should be excluded from the meeting during the consideration of the following item due to the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 14 of Part 4 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972
15. To consider the following reports:
39/22 – St Brides Scout Cottages & Walled Garden
The report advises Members on progress during the period since the Scouts renewed their occupational lease in 2018 up to and including the present day
40/22 – Review of Recreational Management at Newport Sands
The report presents an initial case to Members outlining historical management and contemporary challenges at Newport Sands