Tickets for the 20th annual Archaeology Day on sale now
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority is delighted to announce the return of the annual Archaeology Day, which will once again be held in partnership with PLANED.
This year’s event will be the 20th edition of the annual event and will be held at Pembrokeshire College on Saturday 5 November from 10am until 4pm.
People will be able to attend in person, with the event having been held virtually for the previous two years due to COVID-19. There will still be an option to book tickets to view the event live online.
National Park Authority Community Archaeologist Tomos Jones, who will host the event alongside PLANED’s Cultural Co-ordinator, Stuart Berry, said:
“This year’s Archaeology Day promises to be another fitting celebration of the wide range of new discoveries made in Pembrokeshire in recent times.
“We are delighted to be able to offer people the option of attending the Archaeology Day in person once again but are mindful that some people may not be able to attend in person or would prefer to view the event online.”
The speakers and subjects covered at this year’s event will include:
- Dr Julian Whitewright on marine archaeology in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
- Fran Murphy on the recent excavations at Porth-y-Rhaw promontory fort, near Solva.
- Luke Jenkins on discoveries as a result of excavations associated with the A40 development, including previously unknown Neolithic and Bronze Age ritual landscapes.
- Dr Rob Dennis on the discoveries from the recent excavation at Wogan’s Cavern, beneath Pembroke Castle.
- Tomos Jones on a volunteer project monitoring accessible scheduled monuments in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
Follow the link to book tickets to attend in person (£10 per person). These tickets include tea and coffee. Attendees are asked to bring a packed lunch with them.
Follow the link to book tickets to view online (£5 per person).
To find out more about archaeology in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, and subscribe to our Archaeology Mailing List visit our Archaeology page.
To view content from previous Archaeology Day events visit the Archaeology Day YouTube Channel.
Tickets to attend in person
Tickets are £10 per person and include tea and coffee. Attendees are asked to bring a packed lunch with them.
Tickets to view online
Tickets are £5 per person. Joining instructions will be sent in the days leading up to the event.