How to use the Green Infrastructure Assessment
3.1 A ‘how-to’ guide has been developed to promote the successful delivery of GI across Pembrokeshire and demonstrate how the GI Assessment should be used by various audiences. This will provide a framework to assist in the effective delivery of GI, supporting the planning process and achieving its successful implementation and management.
3.2 Unlike other reports, this work is not designed to be read from start to finish. Instead, the different sections of the website link together to allow users to explore the key components of GI at the strategic scale and across the three individual workstreams. The format of the website also allows users to focus on GI opportunities and projects within specific areas of interest.
- I want to find out about the existing GI network in Pembrokeshire
- I want to find about opportunities for tree planting and how to get involved
- I want to find out about how to encourage pollinators into my garden
- I want to find out about GI Projects where I live and how these ay be delivered
- I want to find out about how to support the delivery of GI across Pembrokeshire.
- I want to find out about how to identify existing GI to protect and enhance through development proposals.
- I want to find out about how to develop proposals which provide enhancements to the local GI network and align with the identified GI projects and navigate to the relevant settlement; and navigate to the developer checklist.
Local Planning Authority (development and local planning policy)
- I want to find out about opportunities for protecting and enhancing the GI network at the strategic scale.
- I want to find out about how to appraise development proposals to ensure a ‘GI-led’ design approach.
- I want to find out about the options to fund and implement GI through mechanisms such as developer contributions (click here) and navigate to the relevant settlement.
- I want to find out about the identified GI projects and how these can inform the creation of strategies, masterplans and design codes.
- I have funding to plant some street trees, where should they go?
- I need guidance on how to ensure the successful establishment of urban trees.
- I want to improve management practices to better deliver for pollinators.
External Partners / Community Groups
- I want to find out about how to contribute towards the shared vision for GI across Pembrokeshire.
- I want to find out about identified GI projects and how to help in the delivery of improvements across the strategic GI network.
- I want to establish a pollinator trail where I live
Return to homepage: