Development Management Committee – 10/03/21
10am, Virtual Meeting
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. To receive any disclosures of interest by Members or Officers in respect of any item of business.
3. To confirm as a true record the minutes of the meeting held on 27 January 2021.
4. To consider the Solicitor report concerning Members’ duties in determining applications.
5. To consider the reports of the Development Management Team Leader on the following planning applications: –
a) NP/19/0328/S73 – Variation of condition no.2 of NP/14/0014 – Residential Development Plot adjoining D, Plots adjoining Devon Court, 5, Freshwater East, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire.
Officer Recommendation – DELEGATE APPROVAL
b) NP/20/0407/FUL – Demolition of existing garage/workshop, and other extensions. Modernisation of existing building and new two storey extension to form a change in use to provide Key worker accommodation (C3 class) which comprises, 18 No. self-contained studio rooms. The proposal provides 9 No. parking spaces at the front and rear of the property with one being a disabled space. There is also provision for six cycle stands at the rear. – Coed-derw, St. Brides Hill, Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire, SA69 9NP
Officer’s recommendation: REFUSE
c) NP/20/0421/OUT – Demolition of existing industrial buildings & erection of two dwellings (all matters reserved) – Former GWLA Concrete Works, Rear of 89, Nun Street, St Davids, Pembrokeshire, SA62 6NU. Officer
Recommendation – REFUSE
d) NP/20/0483/FUL – Change of use of hotel to single dwelling with 9 bed staff quarters retained – St David’s Court (formerly the Warpool Court Hotel), St David’s, Pembrokeshire, SA62 6BN
Officer Recommendation – REFUSE
e) NP/20/0576/FUL – Proposed relocation of existing café to new building with associated external patio area – St Ishmaels Garden Centre, St Ishmaels, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 3SX.
Officer Recommendation – APPROVE
f) NP/20/0614/FUL – 6 affordable houses in association with 6 woodworking workshops, a community facility and a timber processing and drying facility. – Pantmaenog Forest, Rosebush, Clunderwen, Pembrokeshire, SA66 7QY.
Officer Recommendation – REFUSE
6. To consider the report of the Head of Development Management on appeals.
7. To consider the report of the Development Management Team Leader on the following planning application: –
NP/21/0137/FUL – Removal of a timber structure, installation of holiday lodges, welcome lodge, communal hub structures, buggy park and photo-voltaic shelter and guest car park, with associated infrastructure including internal circulation roads, hard and soft landscaping, drainage infrastructure, retaining walls and earth bunding. This forms the main part of a wider development proposal that is otherwise located within Pembrokeshire County Council – Bluestone National Park Resort, Canaston Wood, Narberth, Pembrokeshire, SA67 8DE
Officer Recommendation: SITE INSPECTION
A. In accordance with the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, replies to consultations carried out in respect of the planning applications contained in the following report and not received by the date of the preparation of the report will be given verbally at the meeting.
B. The Background Papers taken into account when considering planning applications on this agenda include all or some of the following items (items 1 – 4 are included on the file for each individual application):
1. Application: including the application form, certificate under Section 66 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, plans and other supporting information submitted with the application.
2. Further correspondence with the applicant, including any amendments to the application: including any letters to the applicant/agent with respect to the application and any further correspondence submitted by the applicant/agent together with any revised details and/or plans.
3. Letters from Statutory Bodies: including any relevant letters to and from City, Town and Community Councils, County Council departments, Natural Resources Wales, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water and other public bodies and societies.
4. Letters from Private Individuals: including any relevant letters to and from members of the public with respect to the application, unless the writers have asked that their views are not reported publicly.
5. Statutory Plans and Informal Policy Documents:
(a) Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Local Development Plan 2 adopted 30th September 2020 and associated supplementary planning guidance.
6. Any Other Documents: including any other relevant documents such as past decision notices and site notices.
Persons wishing to see these Background Papers should contact Sue Davies, National Park Authority, Llanion Park, Pembroke Dock (Tel: 01646 624800 Extn. 4840) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.