National Park Authority 15/12/21
10am, Virtual Meeting
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. To receive any disclosures of interest by Members or Officers in respect of any item of business
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 3 November 2021
4. To consider matters arising from the minutes that are not the subject of a further report or are not scheduled later on the Agenda
5. Chair’s Announcements
6. To receive the report of the meeting of the Development Management Committee held on 20 October 2021
7. To consider the report of the meeting of the Youth Committee held on 9 November 2021
8. To consider the report of the meeting of the Audit and Corporate Services Review Committee held on 10 November 2021
9. To consider the following reports:
48/21 Draft Revised Well-being Objectives
The purpose of the Report is to ask Members to comment on and approve the Authority’s draft revised Well-being Objectives for consultation. At the Authority meeting on 28 July 2021, Members approved a new high level strategy for the Authority identifying four priority areas for 2022-26. The approval of the high level strategy has triggered the need to review the Authority’s Well-being Objectives.
49/21 South West Wales Corporate Joint Committee
The report advises Members on the implementation of the South West Wales Corporate Joint Committee pursuant to the Local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021 and seeks approval from Members where applicable for the involvement of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority.
50/21 To Extend the Temporary Changes in light of the Impact of Covid 19 to the Authority’s Scheme of Delegation
In order to enable continuity of the planning service during this on-going Covid -19 period it is proposed to further extend the temporary amendments made to the scheme of delegation, most recently agreed on 16th June 2021, until 31st December 2022.
51/21 Welsh National Parks: Landscapes for Everyone: Our Approach to Social Inclusion and Child Poverty [Revised for 2021]
Members are asked to note the revised ‘National Parks Wales Landscapes for Everyone: Our Approach to Social Inclusion and Child Poverty’.
52/21 Membership of the Pembrokeshire Local Access Forum
The report asks that a Member of the National Park Authority be appointed to serve on the Pembrokeshire Local Access Forum for the term 2022-2024.
53/21 Operational Review Committee: Terms of Reference
The report seeks to amend the Terms of Reference for the Operational Review Committee following the recent review of the Authority’s risk management processes by its Internal Auditors
54/21 National Parks Partnership and the UK National Parks Communications Team
The report seeks the agreement of Members to support the work of National Parks Partnership and the UK National Park Communications team for the next three years
55/21 Presentation by Visit Pembrokeshire
The Authority has agreed a package of support for Visit Pembrokeshire. Emma Thornton, Chief Executive of Visit Pembrokeshire will provide a presentation on the work of Visit Pembrokeshire over its first year.