Sustainable Development Fund Committee 20/05/20
Virtual Meeting 10am
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. To receive any disclosure of interest by Members or Officers in respect of any item of business
3. To confirm the minutes of the meetings of the SDF Committee held on the 22 January 2020
4 To consider the report of the Director of Planning as Sustainable Development Fund Officer.
5. To consider whether the public should be excluded from the meeting during the consideration of the following item due to the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraphs 12 and 14 of Part 4 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.
6. To consider the application on the following pages:
SDF/2020/7: Remakery CIC
The Pembrokeshire Remakery has over the last two years trailed a project, funded by LEADER grant, to test innovative ways of running a ‘Remakery’ organisation and programme of activities and events. A number of activities were tested in north Pembrokeshire to ascertain which methods would be workable, generate an income, benefit the community, and future proof the environment.
From the information learned during the LEADER pilot project, they now seeking funding to create and develop a new show case sustainable social enterprise business model.
The funding will pay for the production of business, finance and marketing plans and also pay for the project managers to deliver the project and drive the business into profit. These plans will set the benchmark to test a viable REMAKERY business for Pembrokeshire. The formation of a Repair Café project model could also be rolled out across Pembrokeshire and will include supporting one another in setting up a ‘repair café’. The two founding Directors will manage the project.