Home » Enjoying » Walking in the Park » Pembrokeshire Coast Path » Coast Path Safety Code
Coast Path Safety Code
To help you enjoy your walk please follow the Coast Path Safety Code:
- Take care on the Coast Path - it's rugged, natural terrain.
- Keep to the path, away from cliff edges and overhangs.
- Always supervise children, especially near cliff edges.
- Walking surfaces can vary considerably with the weather. Always wear strong footwear with a good grip and ankle support.
- Wear or carry warm and waterproof clothing.
- Cliff-top walking can be dangerous in high winds.
- Beware of taking shortcuts across beaches - you may be cut off by the tide. Swimming can also be dangerous.
- Do not sit under cliffs or climb them.
- Keep dogs under close control.
- The Coast Path is for walkers. It is not safe or lawful to ride horses or cycle along most of the Coast Path.
- Leave gates and property as you find them.
- Note that mobile phone coverage is unreliable on the coast.