Our new Connecting the Coast pilot land management scheme offers funding for the creation and maintenance of wildlife habitats along Pembrokeshire’s rich and diverse coastline.
Use our interactive map to zoom in and see our green Connecting the Coast zone
What are we offering?
- Capital funding to cover initial costs
- Annual management payments lasting from five to ten years
- A ‘Special projects’ grant which means we can tailor the scheme for you and your land
- Advice, guidance and ongoing support
- A simple flexible scheme designed to suit you.
What are the options?
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Creation of coastal corridors
- Creation or management of flower-rich grasslands
- Sowing of herbal leys
- Margins and corners – options to improve biodiversity in field margins & corners (including arable/wildflower/bird options)
- Trees, shrubs and traditional boundaries
- Special projects – do you have other ideas for biodiversity enhancements on your site?
- Bespoke plans can be discussed with our team.
The Connecting the Coast scheme is funded by the Sustainable Landscapes Sustainable Places (SLSP) fund, which is a programme of capital investment across Wales’s eight Designated Landscapes, enabling them to contribute to key Welsh Government objectives around promoting biodiversity and nature recovery, accelerating decarbonisation, supporting resilient and green communities and delivering sustainable tourism.
Find out more about Conservation
Castlemartin - A story of Wildlife, Weapons and Welsh Mountain Sheep
A short film on the importance of Castlemartin Range today - for military training, incredible wildlife and a long-standing grazing partnership.
Traditional Boundaries Grant Scheme 2023/2024
This is a pilot grant scheme for the restoration of traditional boundaries in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority Recreation Plan aims to encourage a sustainable approach to activities are just some of the processes ...
St Davids Airfield
During World War II St Davids Airfield was the scene of constant activity as an RAF Coastal Command base engaged in the Battle of the Atlantic. Today,...
Woodlands are an important ecological resource providing key habitats in our fragile environment. They provide a carbon sink at a time when our planet...
Wildlife Health Check
The health of our wildlife is a major concern, not just because it’s fascinating and creates a wonderful natural environment in which to live, but b...
Pembrokeshire Wildfire Group
Fires have potentially devastating impacts on our countryside, harming our economy, ecology, environment, heritage and rural communities. Yet the dama...
Pembrokeshire Grazing Network
Grazing our semi-natural habitats is often essential to keep them in good condition. On many sites that we manage, the appropriate animals were not al...
The National Park Authority piloted the Naturally Connected project over 18 months in 2017 and 2018 in order to work with tourism businesses who owned...